Are you set to retire within the next two to three years? If so, it is imperative that you get prepared. Retirement can be fun and exciting; but this is true only if you are fully prepared for it.
Ignoring this step can be very costly: it can have a negative impact on your life style. It is thus critical some of the following:
- Review your retirement savings’ and investments’ potential to sustain you; and any other sustenance options available to you.
- Where you want to live.
- What activities you want to enjoy.
- Social activities will you be actively engaged in
- The business you will be doing.
- How you will be spending your free time
- If you envision yourself making large purchases, a car or house, buy them before you retire; and ensure that no debt is allowed beyond the last pay cheque.
The above-mentioned aspects are just a few of the many that you may want to examine and take action on in time.
Remember, if you plan to retire in two or three years, you can make a life-long changing decision in the remaining period to your retirement.